The M6 Laseris an FDA-cleared Class IV laser. Early Class III therapeutic lasers are effective, but literally thousands of times less powerful than the new technology available today!
Class III lasers are capable of penetration of only a few millimeters, while Class IV lasers can penetrate over 4 inches into the deep musculoskeletal tissue.
The new lasers have been researched in European countries for several years, and it has been discovered that specific wattage and modulation are now used for specific conditions, never before available until now. The perfect blend of chiropractic and laser therapy produces phenomenal results in extremely short periods of time
The distinctive feature of the M6 is the innovative multitarget functioning. Thanks to the features of the exclusive MLS multidiodic optical group, a wide area is treated instantaneously producing an immediate response of the treated tissues. The results are therefore better and faster than with the scanning modality traditional of Laser therapy.
A sophisticated design has given shape to the most advanced achievement in optical technology and electromechanics.
Research has shown that laser therapies produce faster and more effective results than other modalities. There have been over 2500 medical research papers published about laser therapy and its accelerated healing and pain relief. The laser provides deeper penetration allowing for faster treatments.
SOFT TISSUE INJURIES
Back and Neck Pain
Repetitive Strain Injury
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
Knee pain (multiple types)
Post Traumatic Injury
Biostimulation including Improved metabolism & Increase of cell metabolism
• Improved blood circulation and vasodilatation
• Analgesic effect
• Anti-inflammatory and anti- edematous effects
• Stimulation of wound healing
Benefits of Laser therapy to Users:
Relieves acute and chronic pains
Increases the speed, quality and tensile strength of tissue repair
Increases blood supply
Stimulates the immune system
Stimulates nerve function
Develops collagen and muscle tissue
Helps generate new and healthy cells and tissue
Promotes faster wound healing and clot formation
KNOWN BIOLOGICAL EFFECTS OF LASER THERAPY- (LT)
Clinical studies and trials of laser therapy technology indicate the following beneficial effects of laser light therapy on tissues and cells:
1. Accelerated Tissue Repair And Cell Growth. Photons of light from lasers penetrate deeply into tissue and accelerate cellular reproduction and growth. The laser light increases the energy available to the cell so that the cell can take on nutrients faster and get rid of waste products. As a result of exposure to laser light, the cells of tendons, ligaments and muscles are repaired faster.
2. Faster Wound Healing. Laser light stimulates fibroblast development (fibroblasts are the building blocks of collagen, which is predominant in wound healing) in damaged tissue. Collagen is the essential protein required to replace old tissue or to repair tissue injuries. As a result, LT is effective on open wounds and burns.
3. Reduced Fibrous Tissue Formation. LT reduces the formation of scar tissue following tissue damage from cuts, scratches, burns or surgery.
4. Anti-Inflammation. Laser light therapy has an anti-edemic effect as it causes vasodilation, but also because it activates the lymphatic drainage system (drains swollen areas). As a result, there is a reduction in swelling caused by bruising or inflammation.
5. Anti-Pain (Analgesic). Laser therapy has a high beneficial effect on nerve cells which block pain transmitted by these cells to the brain and which decreases nerve sensitivity. Also, due to less inflammation, there is less edema and less pain. Another pain blocking mechanism involves the production of high levels of pain killing chemicals such as endorphins and enkephlins from the brain and adrenal gland.
6. Improved Vascular Activity. Laser light will significantly increase the formation of new capillaries in damaged tissue that speeds up the healing process, closes wounds quickly and reduces scar tissue. Additional benefits include acceleration of angiogenesis, which causes temporary vasodilatation, an increase in the diameter of blood vessels.
7. Increased Metabolic Activity. Laser therapy creates higher outputs of specific enzymes, greater oxygen and food particle loads for blood cells.
8. Improved Nerve Function. Slow recovery of nerve functions in damaged tissue can result in numbness and impaired limbs. Laser light will speed up the process of nerve cell reconnection and increase the amplitude of action potentials to optimize muscle action.
9. Immunoregulation. Laser light has a direct effect on immunity status by stimulation of immunoglobines and lymphocytes. LT is absorbed by chromophones (molecule enzymes) that react to laser light. The enzyme flavomono-nucleotide is activated and starts the production of ATP (adenosine-tri-phosphate), which is the major carrier of cell energy and the energy source for all chemical reactions in the cells.
10. Trigger Points and Acupuncture Points. Laser therapy stimulates muscle trigger points and acupuncture points on a non-invasive basis providing musculoskeletal pain relief.
Contact our office at 757-609-3116 to schedule an initial consultation with our Doctor to determine if you are a candidate for care. After carefully studying your case history and exam findings, we will sit down and explain our recommended plan of action for you. After answering any questions you may have about the recommended plan, you may begin your care with Laser Therapy.